Sunday, March 21, 2010

Obama Is Not My President (Warning: Rated M)


He's the dream of ancestors. He's powerful. He's charismatic. He's the hope of nations. He's the ace. He's the bullseye. And he believes. In The 'American Dream.' And all that it can offer and more. But he's naive and I just don't see why I need him. As my president, of course.

I can read. I can write. I can think. I can dream. I can learn. I don't need Obama The President to tell me. I don't need him to inspire me. I can do that myself. Am I helpless? Hopeless? Lost? Am I lacking in confidence? I don't see why I need a leader. I can be my own. I want to be my own. I want to be my leader. That's why I have an ego. It makes decisions according to my ideas and beliefs. I don't need Obama to make promises to me. I just don't. I'm intuitive enough to make my own decisions.

But people tell me I should vote. I never voted in my life. So naturally I didn't vote for Obama. I didn't vote for anybody. I remember on that day of voting, I was speaking to kids in class. I stayed away from the booths. And I didn't complain about it all. I just accepted that he was going to be President. Somebody was going to be a puppet in Office. I knew it would happen. And I don't know all about politics. It's celebrityism. Another form of power and rallying the masses for the purpose of benefitting those in positions of power and then they make the decision of giving just a little bit to voters. And not even that. But I'm not a pessimist. I'm an optimist. That's why Obama is not my President. He's not my president because I am happy to call myself a leader of my own reality. I'm just an observer to the things Obama is doing and will do. And all the other ones for that matter.

I don't want to write that much about him, or his politician buddies, Congress. It's feel a bit tedious, boring, and I sense I may tread into 'conspiracy' talks. Or Anti-American. Terroristspeak. But that's not the case. Not even close. I'm not for America or against America. I'm not pro-this or anti-that. It's just before Obama won I told my friends things would be the same just in new clothing. They said I needed to lighten up. It's a brand new day. I agree it's a brand new day. But not a brand new idea. Soldiers are still being killed in war. Unemployment rates are up. Need I go on?

But I know people will say: "You, Maurice, may believe you don't need him, but the people do. He's what the world has been waiting for. He's hope for a lot of people. Blacks, minorities, whites, foreigners. What more can you say? Why are you saying these things? Why can't you just be positive, happy, and get over it? Why are you complaining? SSSSSHHHHH...Keep quiet!!!"

He's just not my president...see there is a country inside of me that only I can rule and nobody else. A country I call my own. And I don't need to argue on how to rule that country. The voice I hear is within. It is my own. I don't need to create a puppet, fight, manipulate, and destroy to change that country in me.

Just let it be me...ruling all that is inside of me...leaving islands within islands, countries afar, traveling through skies of worlds, heavens begs nothing but a star, living carefully, creating anew, Obama, a brother, indeed in grand spirit, but not my president, that is true...you are not my president, just a lovely dream, at first, like an exotic honeymoon, but now a political cream who soothes before the bathe, a hope of hopeless, what you know you gave, a smile, a wink, a shake, and a blink...a word of hope, to those who don't think, lies have been told, jobs have been sold, let these words reign through new & old ages & years...Obama, Obama, Obama, you are not my president...no apologies...no tears.

No comments: