Friday, July 24, 2009

The 'Ruth As I See It

The 'ruth as I see it doesn't always come how I want it. It runs across my mind in whispers. It slips silently through my dreams. It stands across the street hidden. It is 'mystery' because I cannot grasp it. It is That Which Cannot Be Seen. Well, it can and cannot. That is the 'ruth of it all. And yet, it is something I feel as I wake each day, yawning to the stars, slipping into a new a day. This is my 'ruth, I say.

And as I read these books written by people who I don't know, I find a chord created across worlds, realities, quite different from mine. I am slow to 'ruth it seems as I relish in other's accounts of knowing and understanding. I manage to work on their suggestions, at times, and others, I sleep. In sleep, I see the 'ruth of myself. I see 'something.'

His name is Catfish and he asked me the other day, "Are you a Christian?" and I paused for a moment and then tell him with a smile, "I am something...I don't know what that is...I am something..." Nobody can tell you what you are. There are no words to describe what the soul is, though words can become convenient symbols of a joyous Finity. I remembered our true identity is Infinite. Thanks Catfish!

Are you saved? Are you a Christian? What are you? They are asking themselves life's most profound questions. And for good reason. That is the joy of living. The power of mystery; getting to Know you through beliefs. It is a bliss to experience, and painful. Pain in terms of a neurological excitation of feeling, a throbbing in the loins, and thirst for experience, the anticipation of freedom, and silence of inner peace.

That's the 'ruth as I see it.

No comments: